Saturday, May 16, 2009

A New Blog: Red Sox Box

My pal Adrean has a new blog which closely follows the Red Sox season. A long time fan and Boston native, Adrean has a great head for statistics and an unrivaled enthusiasm for the game -- perhaps even more so now that she's located in Los Angeles again, which is where we met -- gasp! -- sixteen years ago. Drop by and check out her blow by blow coverage! Support a fan.

I've been working on a conference paper and getting used to the new travel computer, an ASUS Eee. Tiny and sleek -- yes, Stephen Fry had one first, but hey, we don't have his budget for gadgets.

4 comments:

joe doaks-Author said...

You know, I have an Asus Eee PC, as well. It's the one I use to travel. For that purpose, it simply can't be beat. If you've not had it long, take heart, with a bit of practice, you actually WILL get used to the keyboard and will be able to type without a thousand "go backs." Hope you like it as much as I like mine.

Best Regards, Galen.

A. D. Brent said...

Thanks much for the post on Red Sox Box - great of you to do it. And congrats on your new headgear!

C. Margery Kempe said...

Galen, the only real issue I have had is hitting the delete key when I want the back space. But I love it! Very convenient -- Karen, I recommend it.

Adrean -- anything for an old friend!

Alexis Grant said...

I took my Eee PC with me last year when I traveled through Africa. It's great! But WordPress users beware: It's almost impossible to blog on the Asus since WP made changes to their template a few months ago. Because the screen is so small, all the windows overlap.