Friday, March 13, 2009

Publication: Kantele

As I headed out the door to the office this afternoon, I found the premiere issue of Kippis in the mailbox. It features my story "Kantele" which is from the forthcoming (I swear!) collection, Unikirja.

I also finally got confirmation that I have been accepted for the Angela Carter conference, so very pleased with that as well. Everything's coming up Millhouse! When I can spare a moment from dashing around, I will write up this jam-packed week of fun -- which, as many of you already know, features an interview with some well-known residents of Northampton.

6 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Onnittelut

Todd Mason said...

!

Todd Mason said...

What I've failed to ask: is the story in English or Finnish?

C. Margery Kempe said...

It is in English, as are most of the pieces in the journal. There's a sequence of poems that are in both.

Anonymous said...

Onnittelut! Another teaser! When do you think the book will be out? I'm so eager to have it...

Just curious, can you read and speak Finnish, Kate?

C. Margery Kempe said...

Marja-Leena,

I'm always sort of working on my Finnish, but I never seem to progress far enough to gain any real competence.