Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Women's Month Interviews: Mandi Clegg

How do we know each other?
I met the wonderful and talented Kate through the Pagan networking organization we belong to, Hudson Valley Pagan Network, Inc.

How would you describe yourself?

I would say that I don't like to talk about myself, and attempt to be modest, but that is just silly; we all know I think highly of myself!!  Haha!  I think I am a rather easy person to read and get to know.  While I am very complicated and eclectic in my hobbies and activities, I am also open about it and will tell you anything.  I am fiercely loyal to those who I care about, blood and chosen relatives included.  I am a study in contradictions: while I am relatively laid back and easy going, I am also intense and the life of whatever activity is chosen.

In what part of the world are you located?

I am located in the gorgeous Northeast of the USA, specifically, Upstate NY, and I wouldn't have it any other way (though, Massachusetts calls to me often....)

Where can we find you on the web?
Facebook and MySpace

What don't people know about you that they ought to know?
Not much, my friends (and some who get to know me and wish they weren't my friends) pretty much know everything about me.

What's the most common mistake people make about you?
That I am "normal", by conventional standards.

What are you most proud of having accomplished so far?
Raising my daughter to have a conscience and to have empathy for the world.

What ambitions do you have ahead of you?

So many!!  Back to school for a degree in business, bring the sales of my company up to $400,000 a year or better, get married, have more children and that is only a few.

What's the best compliment you've ever received?
That I will be extremely missed.

If something great happens to you, how do you celebrate?
Call EVERYONE and whoop it up!!

What's your best method for coping with stress?
Laughter, I try to do it each and every day to avoid intense stress.

What makes you laugh?

Anything...I am silly and immature and will laugh over the zaniest of things.

What makes you cry?
Again, I can cry very easily.  I cried because my daughter sang us 3 songs in the car the other night.

What do you love?
Music and art.  I love them and try to share them with everyone.  I think that they are very humanizing and can speak to each and every human being in way that language and the written word cannot.  While music may have lyrics, the rhythm and notes of a song can be felt by anyone, even someone who is deaf, the pulse can be felt.  Art is a medium that allows each person to take something different away from it: be it the brush strokes, color and hue or shapes represented, each piece will mean something to each person.

What do you loathe?
People who have children or pets for the sake of having them and not for the joy and love that they inherently bring to your life.  Our children and animals are here for themselves, and to share their life with us, not to be toted around like a handbag sharing a small piece of our lives.

What's sexy?
Sexy is confidence, knowing who you are and what you want out of life.  This doesn't have to actually mean "sex".  Being sexy, truly sexy, is being attractive and engaging to those around you.  I think humans are naturally drawn in by things that stimulate them and when you are confident in all areas of your life, you are sexy to those around you.

What's the best advice you were ever given?
Seek counseling.

How should people be spending their money?
Well, I'd like to see people spending money with my company, but most people don't need material handling products...hahaha!  Though, I've got the accordion door for you, if you need to cover up a closet or laundry room!  Seriously, I think people should spend money as sensibly as possible.  Does this mean I follow this advice...?  

Which woman/women have inspired you?
All of them.  Every woman I meet provides insight and knowledge into the collective of my thoughts.  To try and pick out just one is difficult.  

If I gave you a million dollars, what would you do?

#1, thank the crap out of you!!  #2, Pay off the bills of my friends and family.  Put money aside for my daughter's future.

Thank you so much for being part of this celebration: you are amazing!

1 comment:

Mandi C said...

WOO HOO!! How exciting to see this published! (WOW, could that sound more self-centered?!?) LOL!