Sunday, March 22, 2009

Women's Month Interviews: Peg

How do we know each other?
You gave a talk at a conference I organized.

How would you describe yourself?
I'm a 45 year old woman who has worked as a teacher or writer most of my adult life. I'm a passionate, liberal, creative and often cynical human being. I was raised as a Catholic but now identify as a neo-pagan or witch. I love gardening, singing and being outdoors in all weather.

In what part of the world are you located?
Albany, NY. I like it so far, but haven't made a lot of friends here yet.

Where can we find you on the web?

I'm on Facebook, and have a few blogs at blogspot including The Celluloid Bough and Orchards Forever.

What don't people know about you that they ought to know?

I try to stand up for that is right as often as possible.

What's the most common mistake people make about you?

I'm not as oblivious or aloof or self-absorbed as most people seem to think.

What are you most proud of having accomplished so far?

I think I've had a positive impact on a lot of my students' lives.

What ambitions do you have ahead of you?

I want to keep writing books and would like to have a screenplay produced.

What's the best compliment you've ever received?

My friend Julie once said I was "one of those people who is really nice, but also really fascinating."

If something great happens to you, how do you celebrate?

I love some good booze, good food, and good friends.

What's your best method for coping with stress?

Being outdoors or going for long walks.

What makes you laugh?
Silliness. Also, Monty Python.

What makes you cry?
Cruelty.

What do you love?
Nature, beauty, and selfless behavior.

What do you loathe?

Willful stupidity and manipulative behavior. Also oysters.

What's sexy?
Confidence, intelligence and long hair.

What's the best advice you were ever given?

When I was lonely after a break, a pagan friend once said "The Lord and Lady are always inside you." For some reason this didn't make much sense at the time but now I think it was wise.

How should people be spending their money?
There's a new law that will affect people who make handmade items for children, who won't be able to afford the new regulatory standards. So go online and buy as many handmade toys and blankets and sweaters as you can.

Which woman/women have inspired you?
My teachers Patricia Hamula, Charlotte Spivack and Virginia Scott. Also any of my friends.

If I gave you a million dollars, what would you do?
Do some traveling, buy some land, and a big house where all my friends could stay anytime they wanted. I'm not sure a million would cover all this.

Thanks for taking part in the project -- you are fabulous!

No comments: