Saturday, March 14, 2009

Women's Month Interviews: Angela Beloian

How do I know so many amazing women? Moving around a lot helps, I guess. I'm so glad the internet helps me keep in touch with people like Angela.

How do we know each other?
You and my husband, Jim were collegues at the University of Houston-Downtown.

How would you describe yourself?

I'm optimistic, creative, and (hopefully!) kind.

In what part of the world are you located?

I live in Colorado and am very happy here.

Where can we find you on the web?
www.beloian.com; I'm also on Facebook.

What don't people know about you that they ought to know?
I can be insecure.

What are you most proud of having accomplished so far?
My happy marriage and my amazing son. I'm also proud to be a teacher at an alternative high school.

What ambitions do you have ahead of you?
I'd like to continue to expand the audience for my artwork.

What's the best compliment you've ever received?
That my artwork is healing.

If something great happens to you, how do you celebrate?
I spend time with my friends and family.

What's your best method for coping with stress?
Trying to get enough sleep.

What makes you laugh?

My husband.

What makes you cry?
My menstrual cycle.

What do you love?
people

What do you loathe?
arrogance

What's sexy?
intelligence

What's the best advice you were ever given?
Do your best.

How should people be spending their money?
Heifer International is a great organization I love supporting.

Which woman/women have inspired you?
My grandmothers.

If I gave you a million dollars, what would you do?

Donate much of it to aid organizations like those that give micro loans to women. I'd probably do some traveling, too. I'd love to go to Japan.

Thank you so much for being part of this celebration: you are indeed fabulous!
Thank you, Kate. You're fabulous too!

No comments: