Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Prose at the Rose: Jackie Morse Kessler

My interview with Jackie Morse Kessler is up at last! Give it a listen and learn about her fascinating new YA series and hear her read from the compelling novel Hunger. You may also know Jackie as the author of racier books like the Hell's Belles series or the superhero series co-created with Caitlin Kittredge, the Icarus Project. Oh, and she works for some guy named Joss Whedon, too.

Jackie is very funny and sharp, and her characters reflect that. She's got a real knack for natural dialogue -- well, "natural" in the sense of this is how we all like to think of ourselves talking. The section she reads from Hunger is effective and affecting. Jackie can move from humorous to touching without skipping a beat. I think you'll enjoy meeting her!

4 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Horses definitely would tend toward partiality toward pralines.

C. Margery Kempe said...

LOL -- yeah, I could imagine it. I have one and my head explodes from the sweetness, but the chocolate ones... Mmmm!

Jack C. Young said...

Reminds me a bit of Hubbard's DEATH'S DEPUTY. In that case a pilot is picked by "the gods" to be the messenger of Death. In fine, everyone he meets dies.
While Lisabeth is hardly as direful her particular curse is bad enough. It's true that sometimes paranormal abilities can be regarded as curses instead of blessing. It's probably all in how one chooses to use them.
I am champing at the bit for Hunger's release. I enjoyed the interview very much. I look forward to the next one. :-)

C. Margery Kempe said...

I'll pass that along to Jackie, Jack. I know she'll be really pleased!