Friday, April 09, 2010

Conceit: Ashes

Since Blogger has put the kibosh on FTP-fed blogs [no, don't worry if you don't know what that means] I had to kill Radio Wombat, home of my podcasts (though old posts remain because it's on my webspace). But it made me realise I didn't really need a separate place anyway. I can put podcasts here! So here's my latest conceit:



As you can see, it's actually a video. This came about because sometimes an idea just hijacks my brain. Advice to a friend became a status update on Facebook, which was then refined by the input of my fabulous friends, then somehow hearing about the death of Malcolm McLaren made me hear the words in a kind of Grace Jones monotone.

So, what could I do? I hastily recorded a version on GarageBand, adding weird loops of sound, then made a video with iMovie by splicing together pictures of Mt. Auburn Cemetery and Canterbury, and of course, capping it off with an official Cult of Kaity logo as designed by the fabulous QoE.

If only my MacBook didn't make it all so easy, I might have gotten some work done instead...

2 comments:

Todd Mason said...

But, what is work, when one is honing one's skills, instead...(this from a correspondent who feels more like ashes than dancing at the moment, though exhousemate's cat Niki will accept nothing less than round four of pulling all her shedding fur out today). "You apes are so clever with your digits and all," she says...or is that the Dayquil?

C. Margery Kempe said...

More Dayquil!

I'm not sure how much honing went on (that sounds wrong, eh?) but it was fun and if I were to be hit by a bus tomorrow, I sure wouldn't regret the time spent on fun.

Dance, dammit!

(Feisty from seeing The Runaways!)