Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jane Quiet at Coilhouse

Drop over to Coilhouse.net to see Elizabeth S.'s write up on Jane Quiet; I love the serendipity of the internet! It's what brought this about. Please, leave a comment to let Elizabeth and Coilhouse know you stopped by; this is how we measure success on the 'net.

Back from my travels: Friday I went down to Connecticut for Miss Wendy's birthday and had fun with the whole gang. How gorgeous that giant wolf moon looked hanging over the harbour! If only it hadn't been subzero temps, we could have enjoyed the veranda of the Alumni House a bit more. Fabulous food and lots of laughs: only Perilous Cheryl could have made a remark like that about the centerpieces ;-) It was a distinct pleasure to blast Lady Gaga at the Coast Guard Academy.

All right, yes -- it's true: I accidentally stuck my fingers in the birthday cake while moving it. I was a spaz all night (yes, to beat you to the punch, why should that night be any different than any other?).

Stayed up late watching bad movies, woke up far too early with a sore throat. Just too cold and dry. After a relaxing start to the day -- leftover cheese and cake! -- I headed out because I had another birthday party last night. Didn't Angela look fabulous with her spanking new haircut? Much merriment and fabulous food -- mmm, BBQ. I was feeling a bit poorly though, so I came home for tea and the last episode of North and South. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend the miniseries; you can't go far wrong with Elizabeth Gaskell as your source (though Wives and Daughters remains my fave).

I've got a two volume Faustus book to review, so I better get cracking. I slept until nearly eleven, but I'm still feeling poorly. Sinuses and chest -- no fun. Considering the speed with which this cold has moved, maybe it'll be gone by tomorrow. I can hope.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for your time and gracious responses, and well...for creating Jane Quiet in the first place!

Pssst...!
JQ had a wardrobe change (I think she'll be able to run in these shoes)
http://www.polyvore.com/jane_quiet_vs_monstrous_case/set?id=15566143

C. Margery Kempe said...

LOL! Excellent -- she can definitely run better in those boots. Cool wardrobe.

:-D

pattinase (abbott) said...

A tough winter to separate sinus problems from head colds. Rest well.

Anonymous said...

Cool article you got here. It would be great to read a bit more concerning that topic. Thanx for posting that material.

C. Margery Kempe said...

It's happening! Wander over to the Jane Quiet webjam.