Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Elena!

Yep, another day of celebrations: our pal Elena celebrates her birthday today and her anniversary with Rod -- four kids and umpteen years later, they're still like a couple of teenagers together. Inspiring! [but incorrect -- Elena reminds me their anniversary is in May. My PDA led me astray; but that doesn't mean it isn't a great day to celebrate their marriage!]

Happy Valentines Day, folks -- I always think of it as Chaucer's holiday, because he's the first one to connect the day with love and romance in his Parliament of Fowls. I got a beautiful card from my sweetie :-) with vintage art. Love you, mine sweetie!

On less happy news, Up Against the Wall is ceasing publication. Waah! I liked having a regular gig to write, of course, but I really enjoyed reading all the other writers, too. I don't know if the pieces written for issue 11 will go up; if not, maybe I'll post mine here. Sigh.

No comments: