Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What's in Your Shed?



Here's what was on the floor of ours, which I found once I finally got to it after removing boxes, furniture and more boxes. Lesson: what parts of the squirrel are not good to eat? Tail (the first part I saw, thinking, "Is there a kitty in here?"), ribcage (which was next and first made me think, "uh oh") and of course, feet. Undoubtedly work of the cat colony next door.

Good thing there's a shovel right there in the shed. No, I did not put it on the newspaper just to get a better photograph (although it did help) but to move it toward the trash, plus putting more paper down on the tarp that lines the bottom of the shed. Probably superfluous -- it's already pretty dessicated -- but it felt a bit oogie to be stepping on its remains (the shovel is not a perfect instrument).

I had gone to the shed to do what should have been done months ago -- get framed pictures out of the shed. Argh; assessing damage now.

3 comments:

C. Margery Kempe said...

On the plus side -- I finally found my chapbooks (Frogs and Krampus). No, they weren't in the shed, but as I was moving things around to hang a picture I spotted a Quinto bag and thought, [insert Dud voice] "Funny..."

There they were. Been looking for those for months. Too little space and too much stuff: time for a yard sale.

CL said...

Yard sale?

Whatcha got?

C. Margery Kempe said...

Lots and lots of video tape (all having been transferred to archival format); books of interest to many folk like you; maybe a couple of musical instruments (maybe); one or two pieces of furniture -- lots of clothes!