Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Groovin' with Gramps

Bright and early this morning the sound of thumping music poured across the neighborhood: the Beach Boys? and then some Lovin' Spoonful. No, it wasn't the crazy Jesus guy next door, but the elementary school across the street. Hurrah! Let's hope it's only a noe day thing. Yes, we were already up, but it's still annoying to be bombarded by someone else's loud music.

And weird -- as Gene said, "Wow, rocking to their grandparents' music." I'm sure the kids relate.

I got to campus and the house next door was rockin' out to the Four Seasons -- oh, what a day. At least it's in the back of the house and I'm in the front of ours. That air conditioner may come in handy for white noise.

So in a grumpy mood (hey, they just tried to take my printer away!) here are some inspiring words of wisdom from the great Vonnegut (or if you prefer, you can get the word from Kilgore Trout).

5 comments:

Crispinus said...

At the school, it's probably a "Fun Day" -- a day of picnicking and outdoor activities for the kids. Coincides with the end of the school year, which is this week.

Fear not, the end is nigh.

Bobby Kuechenmeister said...

Hmmm...interesting instance! I love oldies music and my CD collection may rival an oldies radio station's selection.

C. Margery Kempe said...

But Bobby, "oldies" now means Nirvana ...

By the by, audio-irritation continued with the school bells going off last night. We gave up and used earplugs after midnight. At least they're off this morning.

Bobby Kuechenmeister said...

Darn! I noticed Nick at Nite flying through the decades at warp speed with its shows a few years ago, which continues now, as I see old America's Funniest Home Videos and sitcoms like The Cosby Show being played. However, I hoped that understanding of "oldies" did not infect music yet. I think my Buddy Holly CD is crying.

C. Margery Kempe said...

Nah -- Buddy Holly's just "Classic Oldies" now. Let's face it -- rock-n-roll has become a venerable institution.

Now, there's a scary thought!