Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Library Thing

All righty, kiddos -- I am finally getting on Library Thing, mostly because I have a grad student willing to put in some of the books in my office for me. Hurrah -- thanks, Anne!

How many of you use Library Thing? It seems quite easy, but there's also Good Reads which I have been invited to join, too. Any pros and cons between them -- or am I wrong in my assumption that they do the same thing? I love the idea of having my books catalogued, but as most of you know, I am hopeless at tedious and repetitive tasks...

4 comments:

CL said...

I use LibraryThing, and I love it! I only have New England Anomaly related stuff listed there...and I'm not done yet! I still have all my gravestone/cemetery/death books to list and that will take a while. If I put my ENTIRE book collection on the list, it'll take a year! But I generally like how LibraryThing helps me organize my books. I recommend it!

C. Margery Kempe said...

Cool, Cranky! I friended you on LT.

The Queen said...

I started using it, cataloged my Sherlockian collection, then realized I was doing what I do for a job in my spare time...

I think it can be a great resource to catalog & organize your collection(s) and share with others. They have a lot of good records to upload to accurately represent what you have in hand.

May I borrow your minion to finish my library?

C. Margery Kempe said...

What's your id on LT? I need to friend up!