Monday, July 21, 2008

Publication: Me and Margery Kempe

I just got word (well, it came the other day but I was at Necon) that Wild Violet magazine is going to publish my creative non-fiction essay "Me and Margery Kempe." What's it like? Well, Gene said it doesn't sound a bit like me (which he's said about the last couple of things I've written) so I can't tell you. If you don't know Margery, read about her here. She's a singular medieval woman, who forged a new path trying to live a religious life in the secular world -- and driving most of the people around her to distraction. What could I possibly have to say about her? I guess you'll find out soon.

Wild Violet also published my silly piece "Corrections to the Rules of Fimble Fowl (for 3 players or 4)" last year, a sort of Carrollian/Learish doodad (which I wrote "because it's a doodad kind of town").

No comments: