Friday, July 04, 2008

Hightailing it Again

In the morning I'm off to a reunion of the Three Mothers in North Carolina, where we'll be staying at Susan's lovely house and enjoying the wit and wisdom of Mildred and Birdie (emergency health care, as always, provided by Ron if needed -- maybe it won't be this year.... ha ha ha!). Normally this coincides with Trinoc*coN, but they're taking a year off to hold a relaxicon, so we're doing the same thing.

Yes, it's an actual vacation!

I have vague memories of the idea, but I'm sure it will come back to me once I get over thinking I must be somewhere or do something every minute. I can relax...sure...wait, how do you do that? Well, there are helpful assistants like Squeak (pictured above) to get us into the right state of mind.

Poor Gene -- he'll be here emptying boxes and listening to Kipper yowl at four in the morning when the unibrow cat doesn't show up. Today we're just relaxing (see, I'm practicing), unpacking some things and watching videos. It's enough.

No comments: