Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ack

My hairdryer started on fire the other day: it's been that kind of week. Sparks flew, smoke rose and I yelped.

Last day of teaching for week one of the summer intensive. Monday we're off to London. I will not think of all the things that can go wrong, or how much writing I have not been doing. I have an essay to finish revising by Monday. Yeah, somehow -- I had thought I was too late already to submit this essay, but I ran into the editor of the journal at Kalamazoo, who hailed me across the Valley III lobby with "Where's my essay?!"

Tomorrow we're off to Connecticut for the stressful work of emptying out the storage space and -- inevitably -- moving some of it to a storage space here. When I return, there's moving. Maybe I can change my ticket...

No comments: