Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Finland Pictures

I finally got the pictures from my trip to Finland uploaded, but you'll find that they're still in raw format and without labels. I hope to remedy that soon, but the beginning of the semester is still crazy and I have a lot of things to keep me busy (including updates of my personal webpages and installing the new academic webpages). But if you want to take a tour, by all means do so -- and feel free to ask questions about the pictures. Most of them will be clear enough: the pictures start in central Helsinki, where I had an hour or so before taking the train to Mikkeli. Next are pictures from the boat trip to Astuvansalmi's rock paintings, then back in Helsinki.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing these! It's so exciting for me to see the Astuvansalmi rock art through your eyes, after studying them in books and on the net for several years. Next time I go to Finland, I must take this tour - I did not know about it before, perhaps its fairly new. I hope seeing them has been inspirational for you and your writing!

Oh, and thanks for opening the comments to non-Blogger readers!

C. Margery Kempe said...

You're quite welcome, Marja-Leena! I should make sure that people are aware of your lovely site, too, where they can see some amazing art. The power of those ancient works is amazing, isn't it?

The Queen said...

Oh, fantastic!!!!