Welcome, Mr B, the bard of Hartlepool, the dazzler of Bydgoszcz, intoxicating scribe of darkly funny tales, like the mordantly funny but gruesome Drunk on the Moon. What's better than a werewolf PI? How about six more rip-snorting, can't-put-'em-down stories about Roman Dalton, all just a bargain at 99¢? Best of all, lucky number seven It's a Curse is by yours truly (more on that soon). You'll enjoy getting to know Dalton's dark world. Mr B and I appear together in the pages of the noir issue of Blink|Ink and in the premier International Noir anthology from Dark Pages, a new imprint from Trestle Press (out today!). I could go on, but let's have a few words from the man himself. I suggest you pour yourself a stiff drink first.
1. What's the first thing you do upon waking in the morning?
I never wake up in the morning. I need be up and about for at least three hours before I start to wake up. It usually goes downhill after that.
2. What's a song you might be persuaded to dance to?
Agadoo by Black Lace. Including the movements. Especially the dirty version.
3. Where in the world do you live?
Bydgoszcz. I discovered it after getting a really bad collection of letters when playing scrabble.
4. What's a great night out for you?
Something to do with boozing.
5. What's a great night in?
6. If you were offered an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world, where would you go?
The Edith Beales' Grey Gardens.
7. What book do you wish everyone would read so you could talk about it?
Anything written by me. I'd never lose interest.
8. What movie makes you cry?
Terminator: Sarah Connor's fringe is tragic.
9. What makes you laugh?
10. Are there fairies at the bottom of your garden?
Yes, but they're buried deep, deep, down.
You're a cruel man, but fair. Cheers.