Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Snow Days

Well, sorry to all my students, but it appears that we will not have a snow day today, despite the snow and its continuation and the madness of the people driving and causing accidents as if snow did not fall EVERY WINTER around here! Seems that someone forgot to wear their PJs inside out (a new tradition to me -- is this a widespread practice? I only learned it here in Albany).

Doesn't my Xmas cactus look lovely, though, blooming like crazy with the snow in the background?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks more like a holiday cactus to me! -R

C. Margery Kempe said...

Hee -- indeed!

Patricia Stoltey said...

My own "Christmas" cactus plants bloom about Thanksgiving and again in February, but hardly ever at Christmas. They certainly can brighten up a winter day.

C. Margery Kempe said...

This one started blooming in November and it's been going crazy since. New buds all the time.