It's meme-o-rific time! Thanks to Pádraig, who tagged me.
* 1. Post these rules.
* 2. Each tagged person must post 8 things about themself on their journal.
* 3. At the end, you have to choose and tag 8 people
* 4. Go to their pages and send a message saying you tagged them.
* 5. No tag-backs
ABOUT ME: (trying to come up with things folks may not know)
1. I did not take a job with the State Dept in the late 1980s despite passing all the necessary tests.
2. I had an office around the corner from the famous crowbar skull when I worked at Harvard Medical School.
3. My favorite city in the world is London (okay, everyone knows that -- um, my favorite spot in London is either the secret garden in Regent's Park, or the Tate Modern, or sitting in front of Les grandes baigneuses in the National Gallery, hearing Pete and Dud in my head).
4. I have kept journals since I was about ten -- and have them all.
5. I have trod the boards only once: at the Globe Theatre in London in 1999. I played Cinna the poet in Julius Caesar, so I got to die, too. I was unremarkable: crippling self-consciousness does not facilitate an acting career.
6. I have not had a thyroid since 1987.
7. Great British comedy is my primary anti-depressant (thus I genuflect before Peter Cook).
8. I have a bottomless ambition when it comes to my writing (yet so little tangible success...)
Well, how very interesting, eh? In turn let me tag a random set of folks across different platforms, some of whom seem to need an excuse to post: the Queen, James, Wendy, Susan, Jenise, Catherine, Crispinus, and oh, let's say, Kelly.