Thursday, September 20, 2007

Double Blurbed!

I just opened my review copy of the next beautiful volume of Tove Jansson's Moomin Comics from Drawn & Quarterly. I really don't think they're capable of making an unattractive book. The cover of the second volume looks more mysterious than the first and has such rich blue and green and pink hues. Just getting it was a nice thing, of course -- even better was to see that I was blurbed twice in the promotion materials. There's a band slipped around the back cover with pull quotes from Neil Gaiman and Jeff Smith, then me -- although identified as Finlandia Weekly, since I'm not a big name like those two. Inside there's a press release that also features a quote pulled from New World Finn -- that's me, too. Cool -- with luck, my copy of Tove Jansson Rediscovered will arrive soon, too. Then I'll be rolling in Moomins! If only I had more time to read right now, but deadlines loom. Somehow it will all get done... [lather-rinse-repeat]

No comments: