Sunday, April 29, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: It's a Curse, Round 2

Six Sentence Sunday has rolled around again. Drop by and see all the offerings at the Six Sunday blog. Today I offer another taste of "It's a Curse" because the eBook of Drunk on the Moon is already out and the print version arrives this week. And because I had such a hard time choosing just six sentences from the story. So here's another half dozen from when Roman Dalton, the werewolf PI, meets the woman he's supposed to be locating:


Jameson smiled, then looked thoughtful. "There's something odd about you."


"I missed the Paris fashions this year, so I'm out of season. Imagine my embarrassment."


"You're not what you seem."


"Neither are you."

In his blurb about the collection, Les Edgerton praised my dialogue in particular. Very kind words, indeed! You'll enjoy this anthology -- I guarantee it.

6 comments:

patonlorraine said...

Intriguing six! I wonder what they've noticed about one another. :)

K. A. Laity said...

That would be telling -- but it's a big surprise to them both. :-)

Paula Martin said...

A great sparring conversation.

K. A. Laity said...

Thanks, Paula!

Jean Marie Ward said...

Great interplay. Makes me look forward to reading more.

K. A. Laity said...

Thank you, Jean Marie. I did have fun with these characters.