Saturday, September 03, 2011

Publications: Blink Ink & Scribing Ibis

Here's the lovely package you get when you order the Noir issue of Blink|Ink. And you will order it, won't you? It's got a lovely story by me and gruesomely hilarious one by Mr B (Paul Brazill) and loads of great photography as well as some terrific stories told in a flash -- and for just two bucks! A gorgeous little bit of mail to receive. I should also mention that the Scribing Ibis collection is now available at Amazon. It reprints my story "Sinikka Journeys North" along with a wealth of myth-inspired fiction.



The hell that is moving is over; big thanks to Robert for the final rescue (and sanctuary :-), thanks to Barb for giving Kipper a great foster home; thanks to Catherine for duty above and beyond, thanks to my pals on Twitter for listening to my panicky or whinging messages (especially @lochee :-), big thanks to Byron for a last burst of energy and to the countless others who helped, stored, or took things I needed to do without >_<


Not quite the foot massage I had in mind...


I had planned to have a bit of a lie in this morning, but this was not allowed.


Yes, multiply this by all the limbs (and stomach: how do you bruise your stomach? Very easily it turns out). Sore all over. The bruises will heal. And less achey already.

2 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Yikes...I hope that you easily bruise, that you weren't banging That hard into boxes and shelves and such...and that easy bruising isn't a bad sign other than a minor irritant. Glad you're resting up under the tender mercies of the Laity, including minion Laity Pooch (and what did I warn you about minions? They want to be fed.).

K. A. Laity said...

Connor in particular is a growing boy and wants to be fed quite a lot. I do tend to bruise somewhat easily, but I had been banging into far too many things with far too much force (as sleep-deprived folk are wont to do). I'm happy to say that many are beginning to finally fade a bit (ugly brownish-yellowish phase).