Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Where's My Pancakes?

It's Shrove Tuesday -- where are my pamcakes?!

I shouldn't have a Tuesday that's this crazy but I do, so forgive the brevity of this post. Monday was a whirlwind, too, but that's kind of expected. This morning I woke up to an email with a contract for the short story "Lachrymae Draconis" and in a few minutes I'm giving a talk with my pal Jenise about our team teaching experience to encourage other faculty to take the plunge and then I get back in time to record (finally!) a new episode of Prose at the Rose with the fabulous Jackie Kessler, who'll be reading from her new novel Hunger. Then it's the required "staff meeting" at my favourite pub, Mahar's and then I'm grabbing a drink later tonight with Catherine to celebrate Mardi Gras and tenure :-)

-- and prepare for tomorrow's classes in there somewhere and do a dozen administrative things that I have somehow let drop until now...

Need as many arms as Durga!

4 comments:

The Queen said...

Congrats!! And come on over, I can make you some crepes with real maple syrup....

C. Margery Kempe said...

Yum -- I'll be pulling up in your drive in half an hour!

Todd Mason said...

Where's the story going? Sounds like the Good kind of busy day.

C. Margery Kempe said...

Realm (not Realms); it has been a good kind of busy, but nonetheless busy. A short lull between pub and after.