Tuesday, February 02, 2010

My Symptoms







All right, the latter is not a symptom so much as what I heard as I woke up about every half hour through the night unable to breathe. There are at least two squirrels in the attic who show not the slightest interest in the trap.

I would be in bed, but I need toilet paper, tissues, cold medicine and to mail a bunch of comic books (yay!). The piece at Coilhouse has brought us some new interest, as perhaps has the latest wardrobe for Jane :-)

When I return, more British comedy and weepy films. Why don't I have more Garbo?

6 comments:

Adele said...

being ill sucks. :(
I should be back at work tomorrow thank gods. I hate being stuck at home ill.

C. Margery Kempe said...

I don't generally mind being at home, but being home and unable to do anything irritates me.

The Queen said...

The Coilhouse piece is too wonderful for words (ha ha.)

Feel better soon! Perhaps some Squirrel broth soup with rice will cue what ails you....

Happy Imbolc!

C. Margery Kempe said...

Thanks -- fortunately I finished up the trip to the PO by leaving the package of 9x12 envelopes on top of the postage machine. Brilliant.

Todd Mason said...

May all recover and be recovered. (And that version of CAMILLE is also dear for the pivotal small role for world-changing writer Fritz Leiber, Jr.--he plays the returning-home soldier who gives Robert Taylor's character advice on how to get next to Camille...Leiber mentioned in his memoirs how they put Taylor on a box in that scene so that Leiber wouldn't be both taller And more handsome).

C. Margery Kempe said...

Taylor had no business being in a film with Garbo anyway -- a dim wattage to her star power.

I'm sure the envelopes are long gone -- such is life.