Saturday, February 06, 2010

Purely Medicinal

A lovely gift arrived from my friend Chloƫ in Switzerland:



Quite decadent, eh? Especially since I managed to get my codeine cough syrup in the background as well. What every writer needs (except I've done little writing this week). She sent dark chocolate with hazelnuts, too! Why is it so difficult to get good chocolate at a reasonable price in the States? Why do people settle for the awfulness of Hershey's?

Slowly getting better; still coughing a lot but not as much. The codeine has certainly made it possible to sleep (yes, even with the squirrels still dancing about overhead). My already high daily tea quotient has gone up even higher this week. I hate being sick; I don't seem to get anything done. But maybe I need sleep more.

4 comments:

Susan Hanniford Crowley said...

Ah, K, I hope you're feeling better soon. I do have to admit the chocolate in the US is sad, I really like Ghirardelli which I was amazed to find was an American company. Yum. Between chocolate and cough syrup and massive quantities of tea, you should be running around and writing like a mad demon again in no time.

C. Margery Kempe said...

Thanks, Susan. I'm getting better. I was suddenly able to hear fully in my left ear last night. Still waiting on the right. But I can breathe without coughing (most of the time).

Working on a revision now -- first real work I've done this week. Going slowly.

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

If anything can make anyone feel better, it is good chocolate! Hope you are fully recovered soon.

C. Margery Kempe said...

Thanks, Jane! I am working on it. And saving some of the chocolate for when my mouth is free of the taste of cough drops and cough syrup.