Saturday, May 16, 2009

A New Blog: Red Sox Box

My pal Adrean has a new blog which closely follows the Red Sox season. A long time fan and Boston native, Adrean has a great head for statistics and an unrivaled enthusiasm for the game -- perhaps even more so now that she's located in Los Angeles again, which is where we met -- gasp! -- sixteen years ago. Drop by and check out her blow by blow coverage! Support a fan.

I've been working on a conference paper and getting used to the new travel computer, an ASUS Eee. Tiny and sleek -- yes, Stephen Fry had one first, but hey, we don't have his budget for gadgets.

5 comments:

Galen Kindley said...

You know, I have an Asus Eee PC, as well. It's the one I use to travel. For that purpose, it simply can't be beat. If you've not had it long, take heart, with a bit of practice, you actually WILL get used to the keyboard and will be able to type without a thousand "go backs." Hope you like it as much as I like mine.

Best Regards, Galen.

Karen Walker said...

I'm learning so much reading all your blogs. Never heard of Asus EEE PC, but must look into it. My laptop is too heavy to travel with.
Thanks for the tip.

Karen Walker
http://karenfollowingthewhispers.blogspot.com

A. D. Brent said...

Thanks much for the post on Red Sox Box - great of you to do it. And congrats on your new headgear!

K. A. Laity said...

Galen, the only real issue I have had is hitting the delete key when I want the back space. But I love it! Very convenient -- Karen, I recommend it.

Adrean -- anything for an old friend!

Alexis Grant said...

I took my Eee PC with me last year when I traveled through Africa. It's great! But WordPress users beware: It's almost impossible to blog on the Asus since WP made changes to their template a few months ago. Because the screen is so small, all the windows overlap.