Friday, July 17, 2009

Miss Wendy in Pennsylvania


I was hoping I could get part three of the recap up today, but there were just too many things to deal with this morning and shortly I will be off to Pennsylvania to see the lovely Miss Wendy, who's teaching a summer class down there. Yes, you can imagine the scenario looking something like this fabulous Elena Steier illo for Wendy's manga site, Anime Cake. Tomorrow we run down to Philadelphia to see the sights with our trusty guide, Todd, whom I have known for years yet never met face to face. This should be a fun time!

With luck, I will get to part three -- and er, maybe four -- later this weekend. It will include the wonderful concert with The Fall and The Buzzcocks (but not John Cooper Clarke), As You Like It and In the Loop, so hope you're looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Patricia Stoltey said...

Sounds like a good time. I'll be looking forward to your next travel installment.

C. Margery Kempe said...

Thanks, folks! I had fun -- now all I have to do is catch up on writing about all the fun I have had.

todd mason said...

As did I, despite various mechanical and (Google Maps) electronic failures along the way into visit with Kate and the slightly bedevilled (ankle healed in time to allow her headcold to kick in) Wendy. The film MOON gave both Wendy and I the opportunity, briefly, for some much-needed midday napping, while Kate, made of sterner stuff, was able to at least feign consciousness throughout. But the company and food were good.

C. Margery Kempe said...

Yeah, I looked on line for some reviews of MOON and they were almost all good, which makes me wonder whether the reviewers had never seen another film set on the moon (or any sf film of the last thirty years). Gaah.