Thursday, October 09, 2008

Bootless (but Corseted)


I was all pleased to be without the boot any longer, despite the swelling today (pushed things too much yesterday, I guess -- missing the whirlpool at physical therapy, sigh). But my trip to the orthopedist this morning resulted in another appliance, an ASO, which naturally I have already dubbed "the ankle corset" (nice lacing). Despite their claim that it "will fit in any type of shoe," it could not fit in the slip-on Sketchers, so I had to go home and get the Chuck Taylors.


Here's what it looks like all wrapped and ready to roll (minus the Chucks).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something about that makes me think of Robin Hood! Hope the foot is healed up soon!

The Queen said...

Lovely Pedi-Corsette!

C. Margery Kempe said...

Thanks, QoE!

Thanks, too, Marja-Leena! Maybe it's those arm protectors -- we used to wear them while shooting bows.

I can't get over that print of yours The owl woman is amazing!

CL said...

You need some black lace on that ankle corset....

Wendy said...

Good luck with your healing process. I suggest that you anime up that boot a la Gothic lolita. I think big pink and black bows. or else, put a Hello Kitty muffler on it.

C. Margery Kempe said...

LOL -- I was just going to tell Cranky that I haven't even had time to Sanrio-fy it, but you beat me to it, Wendy. I think I have a couple of clip on Hello Kitty ornaments that I can add. Hmmm, goth Lo would be a change, but a bit tough with this face.

Wendy said...

It's all in the attitude, Kate.

C. Margery Kempe said...

I shall have to work on the 'tude!