Thursday, October 18, 2007

Tangible Accomplishments

After I finished grading the medieval lit exams (exam grading goes soooo much faster than paper grading), I took some time to begin the Halloween cards. I'm taking a slightly different approach this year, and more work is involved, but I found the "assembly line" process kind of soothing (I guess that's my heritage after all). It's pleasant to see tangible results pile up on a table; so often what I do remains ephemeral, or the tangible part is long delayed (i.e. most publications). I also spent some time yesterday updating the website for Femspec, a journal -- as the name suggests -- for feminist approaches to speculative fiction. I offered to do some work on website maintenance because it hadn't been updated in a while.

I also recorded the first episode of Prose at the Rose for the fall with Robyn Ringler, a woman who has been an RN and a lawyer as well as a freelance writer (and a member of the Hudson Valley Writers Guild like me). She has had some really interesting experiences and we had a great time talking. I'll let you know when it's on-line.

No comments: