Thursday, January 13, 2011

BitchBuzz: Take a Letter

Today's column owes a tip of the pen to Miss Wendy, my pen pal:

Why Not Write a Handwritten Letter?

By K.A. Laity
In the rush of post-holiday depression and intense workouts, whether required by your resolutions or the amount of snow piling up around your home, you're bound to need a bit of a break. Some sort of Zen-like activity would be perfect, wouldn't it? Even if you’re not in the midst of a country beset by madmen and flying bullets, you probably want something peaceful to take your mind off those things about now.

Write a letter.

No, not an email: a real letter. There's bound to be someone you know who would appreciate a real honest-to-goodness letter or at least a card in the mail. It doesn't take that long and it's surprisingly satisfying...

Read more: http://life.bitchbuzz.com/why-not-write-a-handwritten-letter.html#ixzz1AyELXBFz

So when's the last time you wrote a letter? Holiday cards don't count.

Oh, and as I parked the car tonight, I looked down and saw this:

4 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Every hundred K miles, I write a letter...sometimes just "K"...

C. Margery Kempe said...

Har. Whatchoo doin' up at 3am. Even I was in bed by then.

Todd Mason said...

Looking at another number on my car's dashboard. Balmy 8 degrees F on the drive home. Well, in Fairbanks, that's pretty warm on a winter's morning. Not so much in the Philly burbs.

C. Margery Kempe said...

Single digits: my dashboard (i.e. the one on my MacBook) says tonight it will be 1° -- yeesh.