Friday, October 01, 2010

October Arrives

September was a busy blur: I'm hoping October will be more relaxed, but if this morning's madness is anything to go by, it won't be. Argh.

The first round of edits on The Mangrove Legacy have been sent off. A load off my mind; the novella "The Big Splash," Kit Marlowe's first publication is scheduled for release Monday, October 11th. Busy woman!

Of course, I have a few things to write under my own name, too. Hope to find time for that soon, although this weekend looks like it will be for filling the empty head up again because I won tickets to EMPAC's Filament Festival which ought to be really fun and exciting. It's an incredible space.

And yes, it's been raining and raining, but I find that soothing (apart from the leak that all the roof work seems not to have solved). Autumn and cool weather -- wonderful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how excited I am to have my windows open tonight with the fan on and the air conditioner off *finally*. Now, if the leaves would just change color quicker, we'd be all set. ;-)

C. Margery Kempe said...

Ah, but the faster they change, the faster they fall. I wish autumn to stretch out as long as possible. I remember when I was living in Houston and it was autumn but it was still hot and still cement and my friend Joey send an envelope full of little autumn leaves (silk) which I spread across my desk. Made me very happy.