Monday, May 03, 2010

Branding Redux

One outcome of this weekend that was mostly frittered away in drinking and laughing with friends (fair enough, eh?) and eating bacon (mmmmm, bacon) was that I had a brain storm of an idea for the elusive branding concept. As I have mentioned before here, the concept of branding your work to establish a clear identity for what you do (no one has any doubt what Nora Roberts' name on a book means, or Stephen King's) has proved challenging for me. So, my latest idea for the apparently 'essential' brand? As the author of Pelzmantel and Unikirja (not to mention stories like "Kerttu," "Wordgeryne" and "Palakainen") my brilliant slogan for my writing is:

Hard to spell; easy to read.

What do you think? Have a lassoed a winner?

Final presentations for the last class tomorrow at the ungodly hour of 8. Then it's all over but the grading and final grading requires no comments. Hurrah. With luck I can send off the essay on medieval magic for Pelz, too. It's been tough trying to balance obscure fascinating facts and an entertaining tone accessible to any reader. Here's hoping.

5 comments:

The Queen said...

It's brilliant!

Todd Mason said...

A Miller Lite-style campaign can't be far behind...Hard-spelling! Easy-reading! Morgan Freeman, first brought to national attention as Easy Reader, seem only a natural. Some celebrity Wiccan for the Hard Spells. It's a lock for repeats of CHARMED on TNT cable.

C. Margery Kempe said...

Hee! Well, if I can garner the success of Miller Lite, I will be well on my way. I shall phone Mr. Freeman to see if he is available for my book trailer.

Jack C. Young said...

I don't believe I could come up with a better slogan. Mr. Freeman should jump at the chance to spread the good word about absolutely fantastic books.
good luck with all your projects--now that you have the time.
LOL.

C. Margery Kempe said...

You laugh, but I'm going to put it in my book trailer -- see if I don't.

:-)

Back to grading so I can be FREE!