Wednesday, November 03, 2004

So....America chooses.

In this election, choices were clear. Americans have apparently chosen fear over hope; hatred over tolerance; war over peace. So be it. Our choices make the world we live in. I weep for this country. Once we stood for hope and freedom--now intolerant Christian fundamentalists have imposed their leader upon us, and he is one who seems hell-bent on hurtling us toward an Armageddon of his own making.

I will never cease working for peace, tolerance and understanding. It is my mission as an educator. This election is the primary evidence of the failure of education in this country.

1 comment:

C. Margery Kempe said...

I should add to the above, that my work as an artist, too, is dedicated to educating people to new ways of seeing the world, of engaging the imagination and creativity to see beyond what has been done, all the way to what may be done. We do *not* have to repeat the mistakes of the past. We must evolve or die.