Friday, May 27, 2011

BitchBuzz: How to Pack Like a Pro

Does this count as at least thinking about packing for England? I have got as far as realising I need to do some laundry before packing. Today will be for catching up on all grading. I've canceled the play reading for Tuesday: what was I thinking anyway?! It would have been insane. I forgot Monday was a holiday, too. I need minions.

How To Pack Like a Pro
By K. A. Laity

You don't need that and you will regret having to carry it: trust me.

I long for the days when a fleet of servants not only packed your traveling trunks but carted them around for you (sometimes literally). At that time (and in that class) you might have your leather martini case with beaker and matching glasses to ease the pain of waiting for them to unload your luggage and then unpack all the clothes they had so lovingly packed in the first place.

Most of us, however, have to tote our own baggage. Sure, it's a lot easier now with all the wheels and roller bags (oh my, how much easier) but that's also made us lazy about making decisions. People generally pack far too much. Then they regret it when they find they've bought too much stuff and now their case won't close. You should have room in your case when you leave so the inevitable additions can go somewhere without busting your seams...

Read the rest at BBHQ: less than a week before I vault off across the pond. Yikes! Much to do; at least all the medical folderol has been completed and the form giving me medical clearance should have been sent. Despite the look of it, my TB test was negative -- just bruised (and a lump for the first day).

4 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Bon voyagee, as Bugs would say...no more needle pops in the arms!

C. Margery Kempe said...

I shall endeavour to make it so; I do not enjoy them.

Paul D Brazill said...

One of my Indian friends had an aunt who was a semi-professional packer! She was so good!

C. Margery Kempe said...

Wow -- the idea of being able to make a living at this had never occurred to me... Wonderful!